Rainbow of Emotions ($4.99) is meant to be used with a range of ages (children to adults), who have difficulties expressing and managing their emotions. After setup, users identify their current emotion along with the degree to which they are experiencing it. A means of coping with the emotion via the tool-belt is selected (see CHARGE tool-belt below). After selecting the tool, users can indicate whether or not the emotion has been resolved (select the "happy" emotion for resolved feelings).
Things I liked:
- This app allows for a variety of customized features. Users can alter the image of an emotion, record their own voice, add music associated with the emotion or change the images color. Users can also set an alarm clock to go off at a designated time
|Customize an emotion with your own image, record your voice, change its color, or add music|
|Set an alarm to go off as a reminder of a routine|
- Users are able to view a history of how the app has been used (i.e. How emotions have been identified and addressed/resolved)
- The images used are very appealing to the eye
- All proceeds from the purchase of Rainbow of Emotions go to a not-for-profit organization
Things I would like to see:
- A video tutorial demonstrating the setup process for Rainbow of Emotions, as the pdf manual (page 9 and onward) can be confusing and overwhelming for some
- The first screen you're presented with (after setup) are 2 rainbows that users can select. The difference between the "Rainbow of cool and physical emotions" vs. the "Rainbow of cool and uncool emotions" (see below image) was unclear, even after reading the pdf manual
|Choose between the Rainbow of cool and physical emotions or the Rainbow of cool and uncool emotions|
- The setup process could be a bit more seamless (I found that I frequently had to go "back" in order to setup the app)
- A more straightforward main menu (see below), this way users know that they have to setup the entire app (i.e. fill the tool-belt for all 3 skill levels) prior to utilizing it
|Users must setup the app prior to use|
|Select level of use|
|CHARGE Belt: Tool-belt used to cope/deal with emotions|
- I really would have liked to have Rainbow of Emotions guide me through the setup process, instead of having to rely on a separate manual to assist.
Please note that comments will ONLY appear once I've reviewed and approved them (prevents postings from spam-bots). If your comment doesn't appear immediately, wait a few hours.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure Statement: I was provided a copy of this app by the developer. No other compensation was provided. This review includes solely my opinions.