- 42 verbs with accompanying animated lesson (will expand to 58 by December)
- Audio instructions (can be turned on/off)
- Verbal reinforcement (can be turned on/off)
- Sentence recorder - users are able to record their sentence and play it back to check for accuracy
- 2 levels of play.
- Level 1 plays a video clip and gives you 3 pictured option. Users select the image that goes best with the sentence.
- Level 2 plays the same clip as Level 1 and asked to fill in the blank ("The man ____ the painting")
- Choose between 2-7 choices when playing at Level 2 (see below)
|Example of 7 options when selecting a response|
- Select the type of tense(s) you would like to target (future, past, present, or all)
- Choose verb type to be targeted (regular, irregular, or all)
- Select specific verbs you would like targeted (42)
- Choose from the "long" or "short" lesson style. This lets you decide what happens when a student selects the incorrect response.
- Access to the video tutorial.
- Users are able view lessons regarding the respective verb prior to making selecting a response
- The ability to track and email user results (see below)
|Users are able to have their performance tracked and shared|
- The graphics are very engaging and will grab anyone's attention
- There are a great variety of verbs to choose from
- Users are able to obtain and share data regarding performance
- Great way to elicit receptive and expressive language use
- The video tutorial is a great way to acclimate users to TenseBuilder. I would have liked to pause the video and come back to where I left off, but was unable to do so as the tutorial does not have this capability.
- Price: Although Mobile Education Tools have churned out quality apps, $14.99 is costly for the average SLP/educator.
- This is a great app to use 1:1, however it isn't able to be utilized in groups (how I mainly service students)
- The wording can make selecting a correct response difficult (even for me!)
|This was one of the more confusing sentences|
Tense Builder is Compatible with the iPad and requires iOS 5.0 or later.
Disclosure Statement: I was provided a copy of this app by the developer. No other compensation was provided. This review includes solely my opinions.